People who have made an effort to OPPOSE
Universal Preschool or Preschool-For-All Scams
Dr. Bruce Fuller, co-author of PACE Study showing preschool attendance
causes behavioral problems in children.
Darcy Olsen, President Goldwater Institute, wrote many pieces including:
"The Puffed Up Promise of Preschool"
with this quote: "It's time for candor. Preschool is neither necessary
nor sufficient for cognitive development, behavioral development or school
achievement. It won't get a child into Harvard, and it won't keep him out
California State Senator Don Perata - Senate leader Don Perata withdrew
his support for Proposition 82, saying it costs too much to provide state paid preschool to
all 4-year-olds and that the measure would be a subsidy to families who can already afford it.
Dr. Laura Schlessinger popular talk show host and
outspoken child advocate said, "Preschool is just another word for daycare."
These guys all donated Big Bucks to No On Prop 82:
- Charles B. Johnson, Chairman - Franklin Resources, Inc. (donated $325,000)
- T. Gary Rogers, CEO - Dreyers Grand Ice Cream, Inc. (donated $600,000)
- William K. Bowes, Jr., Founding Partner - U.S. Venture Partners (donated $2,250,000)
- The Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association
California Business Pac
For the June election, CalBusPAC is actively opposing Proposition 82, the
so-called Reiner initiative that seeks to tax many individuals and small
businesses in order to impose universal preschool and create a new state-run
John Fisher is a hero who recently donated $300,000 to help provide print & media ads
against Prop 82. As a result unions are threatening to boycott Gap, Old Navy and Banana
Please support these businesses.
These Folks Signed The Official Ballot Argument Against Prop 82:
Larry McCarthy, President - California Taxpayers' Association
Thomas L. Sipes, Director - Montessori Schools of Petaluma
People who want to institutionalize other people's children in government preschools
and indoctrinate them with one-size-fits-all standardized curriculum, through Preschool-for-all scams.
Rob Reiner - Prop. 82 was this Meathead's idea. Reiner is currently
under investigation for a publicly funded advertising campaign touting the benefits
of preschool that coincided with his efforts to gather signatures for Prop. 82.
Antonio Villaraigosa, the Mayor of Los Angeles is co-chair of
the Prop 82 campaign. He says, "Teachers agree preschool gives kids a strong start
and a solid foundation for the rest of their lives." The teachers got what they paid
David Packard, the Founder of the Packard Foundation. The
organization's goal is to secure government preschool programs for all 3 &
4 year-olds. They fund preschool-for-all programs in the state of California.
Alan Bersin, Secretary of Education, State of California - Wants to add
$50 million in the 2006-07 budget to expand California's preschool program. By the 2008-09
budget year, the amount of new preschool money would climb to $145 million a year. That
money would be better spent on improving K-12 education programs. California public schools are
ranked among the lowest in country.
Senator Barbara Boxer, supports Prop. 82. Need we say more?
Jack O'Connell, Superintendent of Public Instruction for the State
of California, and Proposition 82 spin-meister.
Lewis Platt, Chairman of the Boeing Company, thinks preschool
attendance is a determining factor in the qualifications for job applicants who
apply with Boeing. Give me a break! Where is John Stossel when you need him.
These Folks Promote and Support Prop 82:
- Assembly Member Wilma Chan
- Congressmember Anna G. Eshoo
- Congressmember George Miller
- Brenda Davis, California PTA
- Barbara Kerr, President CTA
- Reed Hastings, CEO, Netflix
- Ana Gamiz, National Council of La Raza
- Alice Huffman, California State Conference of the NAACP
- Dr. Graciela Italiano-Thomas, Los Angeles Universal Preschool
- Burnham "Burny" Matthews, Alameda Chief of Police (Retired)
- Dr. Pat Phipps, California Association for the Education of Young Children
- First 5 California
- Sheriff Lee Baca
- Assemblymember Mark Ridley-Thomas
- Preschool California
- Senator Dianne Feinstein
- Congressmember Nancy Pelosi, Minority Leader
- California State Controller Steve Westly
- California State Treasurer Phil Angelides
- Speaker of the CA. Assembly Fabian Nunez
- Mayor of Sacramento Heather Fargo
- Mayor of San Jose Ron Gonzales
- Senator Jackie Speier